Monday, March 17, 2008

monday morning

March 17, 2008

Whatcha doin' with a suitcase
Tryin' to hit the ground with both feet runnin'
Aren't you trippin' on your shoelace

You're stealin' away on a sunny day
Well aren't you ashamed at all
Funny but I feel like I'm fallin'
I wanna beg you to stay
You're stealin' away on a sunny day

-karen and linford

I left Grand Rapids very early this morning. There is no coffee on this train and I am battling my psychological addiction to that hot black liquid that tells me it’s a new day. I have mostly slept. I am alone now and do not know what I will do when I arrive in Chicago. I will not be able to escape the fact that I am only passing through this city; my plaid suitcase sticks out with its loud tasteless pattern and will weigh me down with all the things I’ve deemed necessary for this trip. This morning I removed a few things from my suitcase again. I need very little.

No comments: