Tuesday, April 22, 2008

yellow flowers

As I walked home from the store today I noticed that the trees in the park are budding. As I sat on my roof and winded down the day I noticed that the trees by my house are budding too. I realize that I notice much more when I walk places instead of drive and when I sit outside instead of inside my house. I made a very tasty coconut curry and rice dish for everyone for dinner and strawberry shortcake too. It tasted better when I ate it slow and because I was sharing with people I love. My friend’s 8 year old daughter always prays before the meals we share. She always says something like “dear Jesus thank you for making dinner and thank you for loving us”. I like the idea of being Jesus’ hands and feet in the world and I like the idea of Jesus making dinner for my friends through my own two hands.

The park is full of daffodils and I picked some and filled the vase that I almost smashed a month ago and I cannot help but feel full of hope because it is finally Spring.

No comments: