Friday, April 25, 2008

lost and found.

Today i slept in at least an hour too late. I have been fighting a cold and my body has not been wanting to move in the early morning hours. Once i was up and had my coffee and spent a little time with God i tried to get on with the work of my day.

Unfortunately, i could not find my planner. My planner contained the list i had made earlier in the week which would tell me all the things i had not done earlier in the week and had to do today. I was lost without this list. I searched the apartment. I thought maybe i left it in the Pavilion but i could not find my Pavilion key. I generally do not loose things and today i felt like i had lost them all.

I went next door to get a spare key to the Pavilion and as i walked by the room dedicated to prayer, i felt like i should go in. I felt like maybe it was okay that i had lost my to-do list and that i should just spend some time in the prayer room even though it was already after 11 am. I did not open the door and go inside. I borrowed a key and searched the Pavilion and my planner was not there. I was mad.

I did not want to go in the prayer room. I did not want to "waste" any more time today. But when i passed it again i walked in anyways. I read the things people have written on the walls. I felt peace enter my body. I told God that i love him and for a few brief moments i let love be enough. I found a marker and i found some blank space on the paper covered walls and i wrote the words "lost and found". When i returned to the apartment i found my planner in a silly place and i thanked God for finding me in silly places too on the days when i get lost.

No comments: