Monday, June 9, 2008

trees with roots

I planted a tree. I literally sunk some roots into the ground. I am planning on giving it a few years to grow and cannot wait for it to bear fruit. Cherries.

Had I not won this tree, I would not have planted it. My chances were slim and I won.

It felt good to plant a tree. A kid from the neighborhood was over and he helped me plant the tree. He took over digging the hole. I told him he was great at digging and he told me it was because he buries a lot of cats in his yard for his mom and his aunt.

This planting could be symbolic. These roots finding their home in West side soil.

I may have planted the tree a little too close to the house and to another tree in the yard but this was the best place I could put it for now. I may still need to transplant it someday. But for now this is a good place for it to grow.

No comments: